Needleless Injection Site — Hermetically Sealed
Qosina carries a swabbable needleless injection site with a hermetic seal to provide a safer environment for both caregivers and patients.
- Provides a hermetic closure for powders, blood and liquids with no risk of contamination
- Can be used to access the bag with a luer connector without using a needle, avoiding accidental needle pricks and improving patients’ and caregivers’ safety.
- This valve is hermetically sealed with a silicone disk to maintain a barrier to the environment. Pressing a connector stem into the valve will break the seal allowing for immediate use.
- The hermetic closure can substitute injection ports and breakable cones and can be used for IV set connection without a spike.
- Body material: PC
- Valve material: Silicone
- Tubing size: 6x8
- Average flow rate: 0,583 L\min at 0,04 bar pressure (other 0.52L\min at 0,07 bar pressure)
- Sterilization: EtO, Gamma, Steam
Did you know?
- There are many needleless site injections on the market, but these are the only ones that have a silicone membrane for hermetically closing the syringe luer access.
- Once you press the connector stem, the silicone disk will brake but is kept closed by the connector before use. It acts as an alarm system, keeping the integrity of the connector.
- The silicone membrane reduces backflow and aerosol, minimizing unwanted leakages.
- Applications include:
- Pharmaceutical compounding
- Clinical Nutrition
- Polyatomic technology
- Cell therapy
Consult with an Expert
Do you need help with your next project?
Send us a message today!
Click the button below to complete a detailed project request questionnaire.